Every year I am excited to be a part of the Global Leadership Summit and this year was no different. It is a fire hose of information for both business and spiritual life and always a moving event. Here are some of the ringing lines from this year’s event…
- Leadership really matters across all disciplines. No matter the cause, business, church. When a leader gets better, everything gets better.
- The church is in the life transformation business.
- Have you had your leadership bell rung recently?
- If you are sick enough of being stuck then you will absolutely find away to do whatever it takes to find a solution.
- Educate people to make and find leaders opportunities to create economic and social value everywhere.
- You must reinvent yourself every 3 to 5 years to stay fresh.
- We are all entrepreneurs, but too few of us get to practice it.
- If you can’t predict the future, then create it – Cre-action.
- Stop worrying about what you want to do but what you want to do next!
- Failure – learning things that nobody else knows.
- You are a result of a grand conspiracy of love!
- Everyone is born an original but most die copies.
- Everyone has an option of divinity inside them but the world tells them who they are.
- To make change in this world is to always start with ones self.
- If you have faith the size of a mustard seed then you can move mountains.
- A threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Brenda Salter McNeil:
- When the severeness is at it’s most intense moment, you must resist the temptation to pull back. Move forward!
- How do we prepare to reach through our sound barrier to take our church forward?
- This moment right now could be your catalytic moment!
- Revolutions destroy the perfect and enable the impossible.
- A tribe is a group of people who share a common culture and goal.
- Having real people to do the work are artists in their craft.
- It is impossible to do art and always succeed.
- The art that you are going to do that is new is to give gifts.
- We are constantly looking for a reason not to do our art.
- If the answer for how your day is going is “Fine” then you are not leading.
- We can position ourselves well, but only God can make it rain.
- After we have done all that we can do, only God can send salvation and only God can help those who are needy.
- You can act dumb enough to do anything at all for God.
- Praise God for inspiration. But, how are we going to get to inspiration to implementation?
- God doesn’t give you the faith to finish but the faith to get started.
- If you want to see the land filled with water, dig some ditches!
- True faith has a little bit of ambiguity to it.
- One of the reasons that we struggle with insecurity is that we compare our behind the scenes with other’s highlight reels.
- Make this valley full of ditches! Expect God to do great things with your life and with your church.
- Sometimes when what you see around you isn’t what you think it will be you have to only rely on faith.
- Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Wow, what a first day at Summit! If you would like to discuss, feel free to hit me up on Facebook!